The Agency for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (API) launched the call in the Technology Program and started accepting applications on 4 May 2020. The aim of the Technology COVID-19 – Call XII is to support the growth and strengthen the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in the production of medical devices and equipment to effectively fight the coronavirus infection. Applications will be accepted until June 5, 2020.
“Support is provided in accordance with the Temporary Framework for public support measures to support the economy affected by the consequences of the COVID-19 epidemic. This allowed us to react quickly and will enable domestic companies to acquire machines and technologies for the production of means to fight the infection and its further spread,” says Lukáš Vymětal, Director General of the Agency for Business and Innovation.
Who is the support for?
The business support is intended for:
- small and medium enterprises
- Production of materials, technologies and products in the field of medical devices and personal protective equipment
- Disposal of infectious waste to directly combat the further spread of coronavirus infection
Characteristics of the Technology COVID-19 – Call XII
The subsidy for the project is provided in the range from CZK 250,000 to CZK 20 million. In the case of the required subsidy of up to CZK 2.5 million, there is no requirement to prove the applicant’s two-year accounting history. Expenditures incurred from 1 February 2020 are considered eligible. The planned allocation of the call is CZK 300 million.
Specifics and limitations:
- The project was not launched before 1 February 2020
- The project must be implemented on the territory of the Czech Republic outside NUTS 2 Prague
- Each applicant (1 ID number) is entitled to submit a maximum of 1 project
- The project must be one-stage
Further information can be found here: //www.agentura-api.org/en/programy-podpory/technologie/technologie-vyzva-covid-19/