The state will help self-employed persons (OSVČ) who have to stay at home with a child or a disabled person during the quarantine. If they meet the set conditions, they will be eligible to receive a subsidy, an analogue to a nursing benefit, from a special program approved by the government. The aid will be paid by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and will be requested through the Trade Licensing Office.
Who is entitled to the nursing allowance?
- A self-employed caring for a child/children under 13 who attend schools and other childcare facilities now closed due to coronavirus if no other person receives this subsidy or other compensatory allowance. The child/children must be under the age of 13 on the day of the subsidy application.
- A self-employed person caring for a dependent child/children up to 26 years of age who is dependent on the assistance of another person at least grade I (slight dependence) under the Social Services Act and who cannot attend a school closed due to coronavirus will also be eligible for support.
- The subsidy also applies to self-employed persons who care of a person(s) with a disability at least level I (slight dependence) according to the Social Services Act.
How to apply?
The applicant for subsidy:
- must be the self-employed for the main activity at the time of submitting the application and for the entire period of drawing the subsidy of and must prove it by affidavit;
- must be registered as a taxpayer with the tax office and prove it by affidavit;
- must be a small and medium-sized entrepreneur and prove it by affidavit;
- must not have any arrears to the Tax Office, the Czech Social Security Administration or the Health Insurance Company and prove it by affidavit.
The submission form can be found here: https://osetrovne-osvc.plus4u.net/info/
The correct procedure is to fill in the form, check if any necessary fields (especially personal data, contacts and account number) is not missing, and then attach the attachment – confirmation of the closed kindergarten, school or other institution, which is sufficient even as an ordinary e-mail.
The confirmation of the closure of a school/children’s facility (kindergarten/school) or a facility that provides social services is a mandatory attachment, which does not have a standardized form. Any document, such as an e-mail or letter from the school or facility, confirming that they have been closed is sufficient. The Ministry of Industry and Trade points out that it is very important that this document also includes the name and surname of the child or other person cared for by the self-employed. It is also possible to use the CSSA form for employee nursing, just fill in part A. (https://eportal.cssz.cz/web/portal/tiskopisy-zoppd)
How to submit the application for the nursing allowance?
- The fastest way is to send it via the data box wnswemb – for subject enter fpmpo20
- Send it by e-mail, the attachment of which will be a completed form with an electronic signature, including attachments to the address email@example.com – for subject enter fpmpo20
- Send original application signed by the applicant by post to the address: Ministry of Industry and Trade, Na Františku 32, 110 15 Prague 1, the envelope must be marked “fpmpo20“.
We recommend using a data box in particular. It can be used for all electronic communication with the public administration and greatly speeds up the application process. The application will be evaluated by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the decision on whether or not the subsidy will be paid will be sent to the self-employed.
Further information can be found here: https://www.mpo.cz/en/guidepost/for-the-media/press-releases/application-for-nursing-benefits-for-self-employed-persons-will-be-accepted-from-1-april-at-trade-licensing-offices–253739/