The long-term goal of the City of Prague is to make everybody feel welcome and get settled without any problems. In order to simplify some of the crucial interactions between expats and the city administration, The Integration Centre Prague (ICP) with the support of The City of Prague offers free assistance and interpreting services for foreigners.
An intercultural worker will be available every Monday at The City Hall – Škodův palác building, National Minorities and Foreigners Department, office n. 115 – every Monday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
The assistance includes
- Interpreting services during communication between foreigners and workers in different institutions.
- Providing short translations for institution workers.
- Assisting foreigners with filling out forms.
- Accompanying foreigners to other public institutions.
- Assisting foreigners with orientation in Czech society, providing basic counselling and explaining how the Czech institutional system works.
- Arranging contacts for other related services (legal and social counselling at Integration Centre Prague; other public institutions; non-profit organisations if needed).
The services are provided in Czech, English, Russian and Chinese languages. You can find a contact for all the international workers available here. There is a possibility of arranging a meeting on other weekdays based on prior agreement.
Prague City Hall, Škodův palác – Jungmannova 335/29
National Minorities and Foreigners Department
1st floor, office n. 115
Mgr. Vera Bárász
phone: +420 776 693 272
EVERY MONDAY: 9 AM – 3 PM