Starting this January, a new expat service for communication with the City Hall has been introduced in the building of the Škoda Palace in cooperation with the Department of Culture and Tourism of the City of Prague.
At the counter no. 11 on the ground floor of the Škoda Palace, an intercultural employee of the Prague Integration Center will be permanently present on Mondays and Wednesdays according to the valid office hours for the public (currently Mon 8:00 – 13:00, Wed 13:00 – 18:00 h).
The services of an intercultural worker can be used in the following situations:
- Interpretation and translation when communicating with the City Hall staff
- Expat assistance in filling out forms and solving life situations
- Accompaniment to other public institutions related to the solution of life situations
- Assistance in orientation in the Czech environment, providing basic advice and explanation of the functioning of the Czech institutional system.
- Mediation of contacts for other relevant services – legal and social counselling of the Prague Integration Center, other public institutions, or non-governmental non-profit organizations