The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MIT) in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture (MK) has published a call for the COVID-Culture program. The Program aims to provide financial support to businesses in the field of the culture whose business activities have been restricted in connection with the negative effects of the state of emergency.
The COVID-Culture program is intended to cover expenses incurred in the period from 1 October 2019 to 17 May 2020 in connection with the organization of cultural events, which were to take place in the period from 10 March 2020 to 31 August 2020 and were moved or cancelled in direct connection with the government’s emergency measures.
The support provided by the Ministry of Industry and Trade may cover up to 50% of eligible expenses for moved or cancelled cultural events. The maximum amount of the subsidy per one business entity is CZK 5 million.
The applications can be submitted from 18 August 2020 to 18 September 2020, online via the information system, which will be available on the website //kultura.mpo.cz/.
Who is an eligible applicant?
- business entities which main activity is the organization or securing of musical, musically dramatic, dance and theatre projects, of which the primary goal is to provide a cultural service to the public in the field of Performing Arts;
- individual artists;
- business entities, such as:
- organizers of film festivals;
- organizers of music festivals;
- organizers of art, theatre or dance festivals and shows;
- music clubs
- technical companies and businesses providing events within the cultural service to the public
- artistic ensembles, i.e. artistic ensembles, musical ensembles or orchestras;
- organizers of circuses and the new circus;
- artistic management agencies, which are the main organizers of a cultural event;
- galleries and museums
What is meant by a cultural event?
Cultural event means an event held primarily to provide a cultural service to the public and watch a live artistic performance, for which tickets were sold by 10 March 2020, in the number of at least 50, if a pre-sale was launched. A cancelled cultural event is a cultural event that was cancelled without compensation in a given calendar year, for example, the year 2020 did not take place and is not expected until the year 2021. For the purposes of the program, a moved cultural event is an event the same calendar year using the same costs or part thereof.
- A set of reimbursed invoices/contracts/accounting documents that will relate to individual eligible expenses. Individual invoices must contain the signature of the statutory representative of the business entity and must be in electronic or scanned form.
- Proof of payment of individual eligible expenses
- Affidavit of the beneficiary that he is an eligible applicant and meets all the conditions of the call.
- Declaration by the beneficiary that the applicant, as the beneficiary, accepts that the aid is granted up to the European Commission’s temporary framework per beneficiary up to a limit of EUR 800 000, which includes other aid received by the beneficiary under the various measures under section 3.1. temporary framework of the European Commission, regardless of the nature of the expenditure targeted by the support.
- A solemn declaration by the beneficiary that all the information provided is correct.
- Affidavit of the beneficiary that he did not draw any other support during the relevant period (for example from the COVID – Rent program).
- A solemn declaration that the aid recipient has paid the invoice in the aid application.
- Affidavits from the beneficiary that eligible expenditure is submitted in full compliance with the approved COVID – Culture program.
All necessary documents and affidavits will be prepared for the applicant in the information system. The information system contains all the necessary forms for filling in the application directly in the system.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgMethodological support for applicants: Mon-Fri 8:30 to 16:30