The national INOSTART Program, created in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Czech-Moravian Guarantee and Development Bank and Česká spořitelna, a.s., is aimed at supporting the innovative activities of start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises that have been in business for less than 3 years and that do not obtain funds easily to finance their own projects due to their high risk.
The main goal of the project is providing a guarantee from the Czech-Moravian Guarantee and Development Bank for loans from Česká spořitelna, a.s. for the implementation of innovative projects of the above-mentioned entities. The INOSTART program is financed from the funds of Swiss-Czech cooperation. Within this project, it is also possible to use the consulting services by Erste Grantika Advisory a. s. for the process of preparation of the business plan for this project.
The loan is intended for start-ups and SME’s throughout the Czech Republic, including the City of Prague, that have not been in business for more than three years and are active in areas such as manufacturing, energy, construction, retail and wholesale, information and communication activities and other services.
- The applicant has to obtain a loan for the implementation of the project from Česká spořitelna, a.s., meeting the conditions of the program.
- The applicant may not engage in business activities in the following sectors: agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture, forestry.
- The public support provided must not exceed the limit set by the de minimis rule (viz INOSTART Program Characteristics attachment below)
What can you use a guaranteed loan for?
- acquisition of inventories
- acquisition of tangible and intangible fixed assets
- acquisition of small intangible assets
- other operating costs and expenses (eg wages, rents, energy, etc.) only for IT projects in the sense of the INOSTART program
Required documents for the application
- Identification data of the applicant
- Characteristics of an innovative project and the method of its financing
Česká spořitelna will provide Applicants with an application form for support and a list of required annexes.
Characteristics of the support
Guarantee from the Czech-Moravian Guarantee and Development Bank
- provided only for loans of Česká spořitelna, a.s.,
- amount of guaranteed loan: CZK 0.5 million to CZK 15 million,
- amount of guarantee: up to 70% of the principal of the guaranteed loan,
- period of liability: maximum 5 years from the date of the first repayment of the loan principal with deferral of loan repayments by a maximum of 3 years,
- the beneficiary pays only part of the price of the guarantee from its own resources, that is 0.1% per annum of the amount of the guarantee.
- simultaneously with the provision of the guarantee, the beneficiary is provided with a financial contribution to cover the remaining part of the price of the guarantee, namely 1% per annum of the amount of the guarantee.
In addition to providing a guarantee of up to 70% of the loan, the program also includes consulting services related to the strategic management of the company and the implementation of business plans and the possibility of pre-consulting services for the process of preparation of a business plan.
How to apply?
Loan applications and applications for the Guarantee are accepted at Česká spořitelna branches.
Česká spořitelna, a.s. websites
Ministry of Industry and Trade websites (Czech only)
Czech-Moravian Guarantee and Development Bank websites (Czech only)