Basic facts about Prague
Live in Prague, win the world
With a location in the heart of Europe, the capital of the Czech Republic offers the perfect base for comfortable living with global reach. Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, mixing its historical roots with modern charm. Moreover, Prague has been ranked as the eighth-best city for expats to live in.
- PRAGUE is the capital of the Czech Republic, with 1,324,277 residents
- EU member since 2004
- Currency: Czech koruna (CZK)
- Airport: Václav Havel Airport Prague, 30 minutes to downtown, www.prague.aero
- Distances: Berlin 350 km, Vienna 330 km, Budapest 530 km, Krakow 540 km
- Time: Central European Time (GMT+1); Central European Summer Time +1 (GMT+2)
- Climate: temperate, average annual temperature 9.0 °C; summer average 19.0 °C; winter average -0.9 °C
- Electrical voltage: 230 V
- National dialling code of the Czech Republic: +420
- The Vltava River flows through the city for 31 km; maximum width 330 m
Take a look at how beautiful Prague is!